This tutorial will show you how to import users who don’t have email addresses into Thinkzoom.
For starters, you will need an Excel document handy for this tutorial. For your convenience, we have a template of this exact Excel file that you can download here.
Here is a screenshot of how your Excel file headers should appear before we import it into Thinkzoom:
When creating the import file, please remember to note the following requirements:
- Username: Must be at least 6 characters long with no spaces.
- Password: Must be at least 8 characters long.
- Parent Email: This field must be filled in if the user's manager or administrator wishes to run reporting on them.
- Active: Designate "1" if you want the user to be active and "0" if you want the user to be inactive.
- Group: If you're adding multiple Groups for the user to be in you must use a semicolon as a separator for each.
You can also add other columns highlighting user attributes such as job department (department), job title (jobtitle), etc.
Once you have your file ready, save it as a CSV file and go to Members in your Thinkzoom dashboard. Choose Import Members and upload your Excel file.
You will receive a notification that your import file is processing and will be redirected back to the main Thinkzoom dashboard. Once it’s complete, return to Members and search for the new user(s).
If you want to make further updates to the new user’s profile, such as granting them permissions or adding them to a Group or Track, click the blue pencil icon across from their name to go to their profile page.
If you need further assistance on this topic, feel free to contact our support team anytime between the hours of 8am-5pm, Monday thru Friday, or if you prefer emails to phones, submit a support ticket.